Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our Recent Adventures - Day 1 & 2

The kiddos and I have done nothing but play since school got out! Yippee!!

One of the first things we did was plan a trip to the Land Southward.

Yep, we went to spend time with Grandma who lives in Layton.

We planned on heading down on Sunday but that soon changed to Saturday. We left home early and had plenty of time to get there!  We loaded Grandma in the minivan (against her wishes really) and kept heading south.  We had a yummy lunch at Chin Wah and then we stopped at the Living Planet Aquarium in south Salt Lake. The Boy and I had been here about 4 years ago and had loved it. Grandma had never been and The Girl had no idea what was happening!

Coolness was to be had there! We loved it. The Girl got tired about 3/4 of the way through and really should have napped in the stroller but she just whined her way around the rest of the exhibits and tried to steal the pink fluffy turtle from the gift shop. Following are some of the pix that I took. (REALLY bad lighting and sometimes I was more distracted than the kiddos! Sorry!)
Looking in a tank - check out the fingers!

petting the stingrays

my fav - the Lion fish

the sea horse

Grandma and the kiddos checking out giant fish
After browsing the aquarium for a while and participating in an education class (The Boy got to have a bird hop across his arms!), we headed for home. The Girl sacked out before we hit the freeway and The Boy was really quiet!

One of the bonuses of staying with Grandma is the treats - there are ALWAYS treats at Grandma's house.

The kiddos started with the Creamies! YUMMY!

Now, I have no idea why I didn't take a picture of The Boy, but you get the idea!

We had homemade pizza that night. Yummy!

The next day (Sunday), we went to church with Grandma and then drove to Logan for a birthday party - at which I took no pictures! Boo! It was fabulous to see the cousins and eat some seriously delish food! Then back to Grandma's for a well deserved sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment