I just wanted to start out by saying that my sisters ROCK!
By the way, my Mom is pretty fabulous, too!
And my sister-in-law is really awesome also!
'k - got that out there!
Here are the deets on my weekend away from my family - who are also pretty fabulous, too!
My youngest sister got all of us tickets to WICKED in Boise. How stinkin' cool is that? Answer: VERY STINKIN' COOL! (I was hoping that sleeping on it would calm me down but it hasn't - sorry!)
My youngest sister, her daughter, my sister-in-law, and my mom were all driving up from the Land Southward and were planning on meeting me in the thriving metropolis of Burley, Idaho at 1:00. My sweet, lovely, Hubby got me there an hour and a half early. (Thankfully, he didn't just drop me off at the gas station/diner and leave me.) After driving around and looking at the old homestead, I hopped in the car with the girls - leaving The Girl, The Boy and The Hubby to fend for themselves!
(BTW, I left my good camera at home so these are from my phone. Sorry)
![]() |
| My youngest sister - isn't she cute? |
We drove forever across (literally) nothing. BTW, I so hate this drive.
![]() |
| Meet R - the only girl I know who can play every game on every phone or iPad. |
K - we reached Boise and checked into the hotel. To sum up the rest of the night, my darling Red Head sister and most of her family spent the evening eating chinese food, visiting and finally swimming at the hotel's pool. Lovely!
Saturday morning involved getting glam for the play and the GIRLS ONLY time had begun. First stop was for multiple mani/pedis at a beauty school in Boise. LOVE IT! One niece got orange and black tiger stripes on her hands and the other got purple and teal polka dots on 1 hand and the other hand had stripes. R got glitter on her fingers... As you can guess, we all had a blast!
When finished with nails, we changed and checked out of the hotel - then took off to the play. We stopped at Roosters Eatery and Catering for lunch. It was seriously fabulous and quick! Then a quick run into Lee's Candies for a bit of chocolate.
![]() |
| My mom, R and youngest sister (who is pregnant and gorgeous!) |
![]() | |||
| Again with the crappy phone pictures - and Sis-In-Law just popped a yummy rum chocolate in her mouth. Sorry. |
My darling Sister-in-law bought boxes of candy for intermission. LOVE it! It was seriously the best intermission in a very long time!
Then off to the play!
![]() |
| Some of my nieces - S, R and A. Love ya! |
![]() | |
| The curtain - cool! |
![]() |
| waiting.... |
K - let me sum up. FABULOUS!! We had so stinkin' much fun! The play was as wonderful as we expected. The singing was great and the sets were so 'steam-punk' cool. Loved every minute of it.
Then we hugged and kissed the Boise kiddos and hit the road for home.
![]() |
| Seriously - nothing. And yes, this was taken out the car window. |
The Hubby, The Boy and The Girl met us in Burley where we ate and parted ways. It was a fabulous weekend and I had a great time. I was truly happy to be home and with my cute little family. I was hugged for maybe an hour by The Girl when we met up in the restaurant. Love that!
So, Wicked was everything I expected it to be and more. More because I got to share it with my mom, sisters and nieces. More because I really enjoy musical theater. More because I am a goof who cried at every song. MORE!









No comments:
Post a Comment