Monday, May 9, 2011

Last Week ...

You know, some days are better than others. In our world, sometimes it is a week that is better than others. Last week was kinda a 'black hole' - we had lots of things happening all at the same time. Our latest black hole was Thursday!  We had three events that were happening between 6:00 and 7:30. We are really starting to hate Thursdays! Then we are at the weekend. One of our super busy weekends. Love it. (Please insert your version of sarcasm at these short 'sentences'. Thanks)

The schedule is like this:
The Boy and The Hubby - cub scouts 6:15 - 7:30. No prob.
I have Relief Society on the 1st Thursday on the month. I usually miss it. 6:00 to 8:00. Since I had invited our TKD teachers to do self-defense at RS - I couldn't miss it. Lovely.
The Boy signed up for 4H Dog Club - 7:00 - 8:00. Crap.


The Boy skipped cubs and went to RS with me, took off early and went to dog club. OK.
The Hubby took The Girl with him to cubs. Fabulous.
All's well.

Friday.
Instead of celebrating The Girl's birthday on Sunday (also Mother's Day) we opted for Friday.
The morning dawned about 5:30 for me 'cuz I had to finish the cake, but I was done by 8:30. All good. Food in the crock and almost finished scrubbing the house clean when my mother showed up. Fabulous. The Girl and I were still in jammies. Great. Mom bathed The Girl and I hopped a shower and got ready. Late lunch at Mama Inez. YUM! Then home to finish up for the party. Almost 30 people in my house and eating ribs, hot dogs, potato salad, jello salad, veggie salad, chips, and soda. Then cake and ice cream. SERIOUSLY YUMMY. (That is another post.)  We got everyone but my mom out and on the road. The Hubby and The Boy slept downstairs for some 'camping' like experience. They somehow missed the show. The Girl cried and screamed until 3:00 A.M. almost NON-STOP! Yikes.

Saturday.
I was not up to a big breakfast so - FFY (fend for yourselves). We had TKD Leadership from 10:30 - 12:30, which was great except me running on 3 hours of sleep. My mom took The Girl shopping. The boys had a cub hike at noon so they took off. Mom and The Girl picked me up and we went to lunch. YUM! Mom headed south after that so The Girl and I put on Fantasia 2000 and CRASHED!

Sunday.
Mother's Day. (One of these days I will explain why I don't really like Mother's day. Not today.) Got a lovely card from the kids and they made potholders in Primary. FUN! Wahoo!
After church, we took a long drive. My Favorite - really! Then dessert with the in-laws. Sent the kiddos to bed and took some NyQuil.

1 comment:

  1. Holy cow Kristin! What a week. We better do therapy dinner this week for sure. ha ha

    ReplyDelete