The kiddos and I took off again for another round of adventures in the great Salt Lake City.
We left home on Friday and headed south. We didn't have much to do for the weekend at Grandma's place - just a few wedding receptions. One was for my cousin's daughter and another was for the son of Grandma's neighbor (I think). Both were lovely.
Sunday was church.
Monday we were planning on riding TRAX to Salt Lake and then going to Gateway but things changed. The Girl started with this horrible hacking cough and I couldn't get it to stop. It was so bad that she threw up Saturday and Sunday night. Our plans for Monday were put off so we could take her to the doctor. Her eczema flared and she was all over miserable. So was her mom.
The doc looked her over and listened to her lungs and determined that she has asthma brought on by allergies. While not so fun to hear, it wasn't really surprising. The boy has the same thing - including the eczema. By the way, these are all related - nice, huh? The doc gave us some prescriptions and sent us on our way. Call me crazy, but I don't want to fill prescriptions for long term meds away from home so I tucked them nicely into Grandma's purse and we took off. Basically, Monday was shaping up to be a crappy day.
While driving around and trying to decide where to go for lunch, my youngest sister and her family called. We met them at 5 Guys for burgers and then decided to go to Boondocks in Kaysville. Serious fun! The Boy and The Girl LOVED the bumper boats! The Go-Karts were a riot - except The Boy was too short to go by himself. The Boy and his cousin, R, went with Uncle W and played laser tag, while The Girl and the other cousin, W, played in the Kiddie Cove. We didn't get to play miniature golf, but had a BLAST!
Tuesday was the day The Boy had been waiting for all summer.
Lagoon.
He seriously loves this place. Me? Not so much.
Lagoon.
He seriously loves this place. Me? Not so much.
![]() |
| The Girl LOVED the boats. |
![]() |
| The Girl didn't like too many rides. |
![]() |
| "Baby rides stink." |
![]() |
| Riding the little kid roller coaster. The Girl hated it. |
![]() |
| Happier! |
The Girl, Grandma and I left the park around 8, while my Sis-in-law and her family kept The Boy at the park until closing. He had the best time.
Wednesday we decided to head to Park City to get our shop on. Love that place. We started the back-to-school shopping! YEAH! My youngest sis and her three littles met us for shopping and lunch, but her boy just melted and they went home. We drove past our old house and told stories of walking up that serious hill to get on the school bus. Didn't know I grew up in Park City? This is how I remember it.
![]() |
| Youngest sister in the snow - probably February or March |
![]() |
| The Summer |
![]() |
| Me - scary huh? |
We headed home and all enjoyed a lovely night sleep.
Thursday morning, we were packed and on the road by 9:30.
It is so nice to be home - except the laundry.
As the old saying goes, "There is no place like home - except Grandma's!"
Thanks, Mom!










Sounds like a very adventurous and fun trip. I love the last pic of you. Way cute! Salt Lake is fun...but I'll agree with you, there's no place like home!
ReplyDelete